The World Won't




The love, the affection, 

Those sweet memories,

Not all are vain, but

The world won’t accept it.


The hard work,

The toil and the journey,

That took you farther.

The world won't acknowledge it.


The sacrifices you made,

The pain you bore,

Why did they unsee it?

The world won't address it.


Why was I not heard 

When the light blinked halt,

When the hushed alleys screamed,

When the yellow tee turned red.


Why was I blamed 

When the victim was me?

When the man at a distant 

Remained dead silent.


Hence I rose,

Aided the wounds,

Armored with courage,

Aimed at justice.


Years after years pass, but

The world still won't speak

This time for who I became,

The power that has risen.


Today, in my coffin

beside my beloved, I lay

In peace, In benevolence

Far from the world that still won't.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One in Sight!